Thursday, January 07, 2010

Everything Will Be Alright.

Yesterday, I had to do something I really didn't want to do, but was absolutely necessary for my mental well-being, emotional sanity, spiritual growth, self-respect and self-love.

Yep, it was the dreaded break-up.

It wasn't easy by any means, but don't they say the right things are never easy?

After finding out some tangible information very recently -- and piecing together a few things from the past -- I lost all trust and respect for my other, and when that happens, there's really nothing left to salvage for now or the future.

I also realized along that way that when a person is vague and evasive about certain things, it only breeds suspicion, warranted or not, and when suspicion and second-guessing begin to run through your head, you begin to lose little bits and pieces of the fun, awesome person you are.

You begin to lose...well, you.

Red flag. And time to walk away.

I made it one of my resolutions for 2010 to always let the people I care about and love know how much I appreciate them, so this post is dedicated to my family and friends, who've always looked out for me from day one, support me in my decisions and serve as my devil's advocate when things seem amiss, even when I initially choose to see otherwise.

I'm also dedicating this post to others out there who are in relationships where their needs aren't getting met. Remember: there will always be a love in your life, and it's not another person, it's you. So love you the best you can.

Speaking of loves, I heart these ladies: CanCan, Berry and Stephanucci! And, of course, my other girls that are missing from below.

Here's a cool random bathroom snapshot from NYE, spent with the bestest of friends -- guys and dolls alike -- that truly heart me, too.

xo
Haute Hippie





* Photos property of Haute Hippie and are used solely for commentary purposes

3 Comments:

Anonymous Emily Engle said...

Wow, been there and TOTALLY feel you. I love the photo you put up, so cute! Miss you and wish I could have seen you. Let's chat soon.

8:16 PM  
Anonymous Cherry said...

mac cosmetics sale

I can sympathize with you, been there before. The difference is he fall out of love on me. The only guy I've trusted and fight for. How can you hold on to someone who is setting you free. So I move on, the hardest part of breaking up. Now, I believe that love can kill you, little by little. And I'm starting fall in love again. But this time, I'll get a hold of myself.

3:08 AM  
Blogger Kristy said...

i <3 YOU Sugar shoes. :)
ps. I love the picture!

11:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home