Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Flaunt It If You Got It

It all was about action sports-slash-lifestyle brands for me today.

This morning, I wandered down to the Peak Performance showroom with Jenks to check out what the Swedish brand has in store for Fall '09.

I'll admit, I thought Peak was only about action sports -- a la MEC and Arc'Teryx -- but was I wrong.

They have both women's and men's casualwear, all of which reminds me a lot of that other big Swedish Brand, WeSC. Lots of plaids and casually cool silhouettes in high-quality fabrics. Who knew?!

Shortly after, I popped into the Oakley showroom to see what was up in sunglasses, goggles, apparel, suitcases, hats, and watches (didn't even know they did the latter). The brand is doing some exciting collaborations with female artists for a limited-edition collection of women's sunglasses, and has also worked with big-time snowboarder gal Gretchen Bleiler for a signature apparel series.

Before bidding the showroom adieu, Oakley's Ingrid and Mike -- plus the lovely PR doyenne Micki Benedetti -- sent me off into the sunshine with a new pair of the Flaunts in polished black frames, grey lenses, and rad white case.

Big ups to both Peak Performance and Oakley for starting my Tuesday off right!











I'm Lovin' it: Hi, purse. It's a Topshop special.





I'm Over it: Been feeling a bit headache-y lately. I never get like that. Maybe I'm getting too much sun.


Music of the Day: The Junior Boys are playing a live DJ set on Woxy tomorrow at 12:30pm EST. Be there! Or if you can't get a flight out to the studios in Cincinnati, then at least tune in.


* Photos property of Haute Hippie, topshop.com and are used solely for commentary purposes

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home