Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Lash Out

The search for eternal happiness is really a series of smaller searches and discoveries that eventually make up the big, final find (is there one, though?).

Listing all my mini searches would take more time that you have to read and I have to type, but here's a sliver of a snippet of what I've been looking for in the past year.

And just to let you know, the list below is purely superficial.


1. Anything Alexander Wang for less than $400. I've been eyeing a T by Alexander Wang shirt, but still can't wrap my head around the fact that I'd be paying $130 for a piece of loose cotton. It's a struggle.

2. Gladiator sandals with a small wedge. I err on the side of short, so a little height in the summer -- without resorting to five-inch heels -- would be nice.

3. For the Mango store at the airport to get itself out of that atrocious location and move itself downtown. It really doesn't make sense to me business-wise why they would open in the International Departures section of an airport instead of downtown, where the constant foot traffic and the fashion-obsessed would rake them in so much more dollar bills.

4. DJ Z-Trip tickets for less than $42. He's great and all, but seriously?!

5. The perfect eyelashes. I eschew lash extensions, given the horrible experience I had five years ago that left mine brittle and dead.


In regard to Item #5, shu uemura has come through.

Okay, maybe a little too much with their new Lashes in Nature falsies collection, but these babies are like eyelash art.

Behold below.








I'm Lovin' it: Gwyneth Paltrow has herself quite a good little website in GOOP. This letter she wrote to readers in regard to Paris and her late father brought tears to my eyes. Maybe because I'm a total daddy's girl (and mommy's, come to think of it). But in a good way. My parents are amazing people :)





I'm Lovin' it, Part Deux: My girl Steph A. coined the phrase "bro-ing down" yesterday, in context to boys congregating in packs and doing everything together. Hilarous!!


I'm Over it: How the sunny weather makes me not want to work. I love and hate you, sunshine.


Music of the Day: The Calm Blue Sea. This all-instrumental, ambient, experimental group -- which has only been together since Spring '07 -- would definitely be absolutely phenom live.








* Photos property of shu uemura, 5acts.blogspot.com, goop.com and are used solely for commentary purposes

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home