Thursday, March 05, 2009

Not Another One

Since I couldn't quite plunk down the dolla-dolla bills for those Loeffler Randall heels the other day, I decided to go the lo-fi route with Zara, which has some amazing shoes in their windows right now.

It was merely supposed to be a very small stop after a lunch with my buddy Russe-ter, but it quickly turned into a new pair of heels.

Oopsie.

Check out my grey cut-out, peep-toe babies (a la YSL, Givenchy, Miu Miu, Chloe and Fendi), which entered my possession approximately three hours ago.

It was about eight times less than the Loefflers and about ten times less than any of those listed above.

There are ways to reconcile champagne tastes with a Stoli budget!







I'm Lovin' it: As I said before, finding new coffee joints has become a favorite activity of mine, just because I can't fathom writing at the same place all the time. Well, okay, I didn't really discover this java/gelato place, per say, but I was introduced to it by DB when he took me here back in December and haven't been back since. Till now. Anyway, I'm sitting in the most comfortable chair ever and wondering why, oh why, I've been putting up with those stiff stools over at Blenz.






I'm Over it: Um, this place is great, but they just played a Nickelback song, followed by an announcement on the radio that Rihanna and Chris Brown just got MARRIED. That better just be crazy talk.


Track of the Day: "Renegade Silence" by Sebastien Grainger & The Mountains, who are rolling into town on April 5. Ontario-born Grainger used to be part of dance-punk duo Death From Above 1979. SG has toured with Bloc Party, Hot Hot Heat and Agyness Deyn's boy Albert Hammond Jr., which ain't too shabby.







* Photos property of Haute Hippie, osheaga.com and are used solely for commentary purposes

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mayday, you have to write at Elysian Cafe. There's one on 4th I think, but the one across from my office (Broadway and Ash) has great coffee and organic snacks, fantastic music, and a VERY cute barrista that I keep going in to see. It's a must!

2:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home