Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Buddha Love

I had a meeting this morning with the adorable owner, Alisa, of an adorable new boutique called Wish.List on the west side, where I happened to finally find the wallet that will be mine.

Meet Big Buddha's Starlet Snake, a hybrid between a wallet and a bag that crosses over the body. It comes with extra chain straps exactly for the latter purpose.

I've been noticing a lot of smaller, body-slung bags popping up at my favorite sartorial shops all over town. Are people downsizing their bags in the same way they're downsizing their expenses??

Following fashion trends means following economic trends, apparently.

What really got me about Big Buddha were the prices -- this clutch hovers around $70, considerably less than the Cole Haan tassel one I was eyeing at Holt Renfrew (for the past four months, at that).

Alisa's looking into ordering the wallet for me -- I'm having a hard time deciding between the blue python or orange python.

All I know if I'm way into the Starlet's gold hardware, but that shouldn't be a big surprise to anyone anymore.








I'm Lovin' it: This get-up from The Row is exactly how one should mix the masculine with the feminine.






I'm Over it: It's official. I have a cold.


Track of the Day: "Me and Giuliani Down By The Schoolyard" by !!! (Chk Chk Chk). Dance-punk! This song has a lot of great horns and house beats to keep you shakin' for, oh, a little over nine minutes.







* Photos property of Big Buddha, fashionista.com, zigzaglive.com and are used solely for commentary purposes

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home