Friday, March 13, 2009

Happy Friday!

Soooooo.

Simian Mobile Disco was a bit of let down last night, and I'm sad to say that me and my girls Ovitch and Steph A. left before the set was even over.

The crowd skewed a little young (I'm an "old" hag these days), and the bigger venue made the show seem more like a rave. I preferred the first SMD show I saw a couple summers ago, which was at a much more intimate location.

Anyway, it may have been a disappointment but the hot dog I ate after wasn't. Until this morning.





On a lighter note, I can't get enough of Louis Vuitton's Fall '09 collection. (Or that Fashion Toast's Rumi Neely was a muse for Escada this season -- you rock, Rumi!)

Those LV headpieces made the models look like haute version of Minnie Mouse. Or a wacky version of Alice in Wonderland black headbands. Adorable.

And burgundy wine colors with metallic silver? C'est chic!

Here's a bit of Louis Vuitton from me to you (there's been a lot of peplum and more than some midriff-baring this season, non?).

Happy Friday!!!

xo
Haute Hippie





















I'm Lovin' it: Chillin' like a villain tonight at Ovitch's for the hockey game and homebaked cookies. Mainly because Fo'sho Shawna's birthday tomorrow night requires me to get a full eight hours rest.


I'm Over it: Rain is coming. I feel it in the air. Noooooooooooooooo. And the fact every time I try to download Common's Like Water For Chocolate album from 2000, it never works!


Track of the Day: "The 6th Sense" by Common.






* Photos property of nymag.com, mog.com, Haute Hippie and are used solely for commentary purposes

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home