Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Macho Macho (Wo)Man

A perk of working in the fashion industry is getting look books for next season well before those clothes hit retailers.

For one of my contracts, we received the Spring/Summer 2009 look book for Nikita, a brand with some of the freshest gear I've seen in awhile. Bright colors and paint splatters ruled big for Nikita's SS '09 collection, giving it a super street vibe.

Finally, something to go with the Creative Recs Jenks got me!

The Macho Reversible Beanie is the single Nikita item I have to have, if the rest don't happen to pan out for me.

You know how Alexander Wang was doing the slouchy, roomie beanie? Nikita's Macho sort of has the same feel, except with a short bill, reversible capability (grey/white/coral pattern on side A, hot coral on side B), different fabric and skills to hide any particularly nasty hair day.

Sorry, SS'09 images aren't on the Nikita site yet, but their Salm Reversible Beanie -- as seen below -- is pretty close.






I'm Lovin' it: This atmosphere shot from the Vena Cava after party, hosted by the label's designers Sophie Buhai and Lisa Mayock, as well as the Shipley & Halmos boys Sam Shipley and Jeff Halmos (formerly of Trovata). How cool does that grassy knoll look with all those pretty lights??






I'm Over it: Lots of brainstorming to do by Friday. Ow, my cranium hurts already.


Track of the Day: I was sitting here at my "office" downtown when a cover version of The Mamas and the Papas "California Dreaming" came on. One quick Google search later pointed to Queen Latifah's jazzy, blues-y version of the song, which is off her "The Dana Evans Album". Smoooooth. That woman can sing, yo.








* Photos property of nikitaclothing.com, smoothvibes.com, fashionista.com and are used solely for commentary purposes

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home