Friday, July 18, 2008

Friday is Karl Day

Friday is here, woot woot!

I'd like to dedicate this particular TGIF to Karl Lagerfeld, he who hates children and fat people, but has quite literally been one of the coolest cats in fashion for the past, oh, 40 years or more.

Here are some things you should know about Karl or are related to Karl for today:

1. Ali Stephens stars in his new Chanel mascara commercial. There's something about her -- I'd name Ali S. as one of my favorite up-and-coming models.





2. Someone out there is pretending to be Karl. A blogging Karl. I highly doubt the real Karl a) uses email on a regular basis and b) knows exactly what a blog is.

3. Karl is coming out with a trio of unisex perfumes called Kapsule. Oh, Karl's so klever.

4. Karl did all the campaign photography for Kapsule. Is there anything he can't do??

5. Karl has a Diet Coke butler. As in a butler who gets him a Diet Coke whenever he snaps his fingerless-gloved fingers. What, does that even make sense?

6. Karl's middle name is Otto.

7. Karl was inspired to lose weight because of Hedi Slimane's Dior Homme skinny silhouettes.

8. The Karl quote of the day is: "Some people would like me to be round again."


Ah Karl, I love you, flaws and all.







I'm Lovin' it: Gearing up for Seems' birthday festivities tonight. I have a feeling it's gonna be crazypants.


I'm Over it: This unsettling feeling of fatigue today. What up with that?!


Track of the Day: "Float On" by Dream Warriors. So chilling. Great bass line. It's got that old school Warren G and Nate Dogg, lay-back vibe.







* Photo property of Splash Agency and is solely used for commentary purposes

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home