Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Next Of Kinney

Alison Lewis and Rachel Antonoff make up -- or is it made up, since I heard rumors they may have parted ways? -- Mooka Kinney, an NYC-based indie label of dresses, tops and cute rompers.

I've blogged about these gals before, but I just thought this last photo of Alison and Rachel in their Spring '08 lookbook is so peaceful and way adorable.

If you think either of the frocks they're wearing are adorable, too, the maxi is the Lefever and the mini is the Catwalk.

My big thing about Mooka Kinney is that it's almost like finding a great vintage dress that no one has, only it's brand spanking new.

You won't find runway knock-offs here.







I'm Lovin' it: Haute Hippie is officially a new addition to the fashion team at The Westender! It'll be so amazing to see by-lines in print a lot more. My first piece is coming out this summer...more deets later!


I'm Over it: It's June, it's raining and I'm still wearing my coat with faux fur-trimmed hood. Something's wrong with this picture.


Music of the Day: Me, Luker and Gracie-Poo were walking to our respective homes from Subeez last Friday and got caught in a huge wave of hipsters leaving Richards, who had obviously just seen a show. Upon questioning, one unnamed hipster said they just saw Crystal Castles, a band I then remembered a friend mentioning to me a week earlier. One MySpace Music peruse and Torrentz download later, I present to you Toronto-based Crystal Castles, in all their electronic glory.

PS. The band name is a She-Ra reference, you know, as in that magical castle where Light Hope lived.







* Photos property of mookakinney.com, andrewkendall.com and are used solely for commentary purposes

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home