Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Coachella-ella-ella

The Indio Desert in California is H-O-T.

Home of mega outdoor fest Coachella, Indio is a place where you'd want to wear loose frocks, a funked out hat, SPF 700 and open-toed anything.

Linlee Allen of Style.com -- she's a Conde Nast-owned scribe and photog -- kicked it at Coachella this year and took pics a whack of pics starring fashionable people taking in Hot Chip, Justice, Uffie, Prince, Yo! Majesty, new industry fave Santogold and others. Most of the cool kids she shot donned the vintage, ixnay-ed the heels and slipped on the old school shades (Wayfarers in colors made the cut).

Some even wore these weird flower crowns -- after all, isn't Coachella this generation's version of Woodstock?

Anyhoos, the two chickies below had on my favorite outfits:







Tight!


I'm Lovin' it: Getting in touch with two of my old friends Bloka and Jen Jen from Sydney, Australia after six years! Social globalization through Facebook, nice. Oh yeah, and the Gastown Mavi store opening on Thursday will be rather fun, too.


I'm Over it: The five hundred car alarms that go off every night outside my apartment. I'm also dreading the sore body that will likely occur post-squash match tonight with Berry. Ah, but how I love the sport...


Track of the Day: Le Tigre. "Deceptacon". American post-punk/electropop band. I like band member JD Samson's name. Don't know why, probably because most other JDs I know of are pretty cool -- JD Salinger and JD Ferguson, what!







* Photos property of Linlee Allen, style.com and are used solely for commentary purposes

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home