Thursday, January 24, 2008

Due South

Last night, Valentino took his final bow on the couture runways of Paris.

And Milan.

And New York.

The famed fashion legend retired his sketching pencils and officially handed the Valentino torch to Alessandra Facchinetti -- who took over the reins at Gucci after Tom Ford left the building -- but not without sending out 74 outfits that were quintessentially him.

If I were a southern belle, I'd turn to Valentino before all else. The designer had three deliciously yellow, gorgeous, frothy, flower-y looks befitting the late Vivien Leigh's Scarlett O'Hara.

That means if Tara was my plantation, Valentino would be my couturier.

And Ryan Gosling would be my Rhett Butler.









I'm Lovin' it: The disco-glam era is my favorite fashion era, something I've said in the past. Women were sexy, glamourous, empowered and gilded in gold accessories, the latter of which probably explains my intense love for that style period. You should see my nightstand and dresser, overflowing with golden costume jewelry. Anyway, this Gussto "Estiva" bronze metallic hobo -- available at Nordstom -- would go so well with my metallic collection. It's certainly Studio 54-approved.






I'm Over it: The half sleeping pill I took last night, in an attempt to jolt my fatigued body into a normal snoozing pattern (note to all: do not take your new MacBooks to bed with you or you'll end up cybersurfing till god-knows-when). These little capsules not only black you out in a rather scary way, you also have the worst dreams possible on them.





Track of the Day: Starz In Your Eyes by Just Jack. My girl Ovitch introduced me to this track by the UK band today and I pretty much can't get it out of my head. Indie-pop goodness!!







* Photo property of style.com, FWD, ica.org.uk and is used solely for commentary purposes

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home