Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Rockin' and a-Rollin'

I had never classified myself as a rocker chick.

Sure, I may have had a leather wristband somewhere in the Netherlands of my dresser drawer, but that was about the extent of it. No tats, no nose rings, no Hell's Bells on the stereo and no love for muscle cars or old Firebirds.

Lately though, I've been feeling some major admiration for rocker-chic outfits, like this one below. The whole skinnier pants with high heels and a vest thrown over a tight shirt is the look I'm looking to rock and roll as soon as I find the right vest.

And believe me, I've been looking for it.

I kind of heart this one from MK2K because it's meant to hang open instead of buttoned up -- could go without the jewels, though. This Crispin & Basilio one is funky, too.

So I may never be Irina Lazareanu, but hey, a girl can try.







I'm Lovin' it: After peering at my jewelry tray, I couldn't help but notice my cheapie metallic bangles are getting tarnished. As in my cheapie gold bangles are now cheapie silver. And I'm a gold-wearer, so that does me no good. So now I'm on the prowl for some new bracelets to make me and my outfits happy -- Isharya does a wicked square wood cuff with just the right touch of gold and bling.






I'm Over it: Since by BGF (best guy friend) K-Dawg invested in some cookware and kitchen utensils as my Christmas present -- he was rightfully appalled that my roomie and I had gone since June '07 without a pot or pan -- I've been going on a cooking rampage. Roast rack of lamb, ribeye steaks marinated in balsamic vinegar and rosemary, garlic mashed potatoes...yummy and fun, right? But you know what's not fun?? Cleaning the pots, pans and stove afterwards. I won't lie -- it sucks. Currently, I'm staring at all the dirty things in my sink from making din-din for one, namely me.


Track of the Day: Paper Money by Soulsavers. Rich Machin and Ian Glover make up this group from the UK, producing and remixing tracks all over the place. This particular song is sensually eery, the kind of track you might hear in movie where the main character is walking through an S&M party. The vocals are of the same eery-sexy vibe as Beth Gibbons from Portishead.








* Photos property of style.com, exitmusic.ch, net-a-porter.com and are used solely for commentary purposes

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home