Thursday, January 17, 2008

Pre-Fall Madness

Woo hoo!

Pre-Fall 2008 madness is going down right now. Yes, we still have yet to exit the real winter season but what fashionista doesn't already like planning her outfits for next fall?? Get me some those Baleniaga slouchy boots, stat!

Anyway, my girl Reems warned me that Chanel's Pre-Fall collection was kind of whack and unwearable -- after browsing nearly 70 images of outfits from K. Lagerfeld's presentation in Paris, I only saw three that I'd wear if I had couture money burning a hole in my pocket.

I did really like the oversized bubble sweater skirts with huge ribbing that littered Karl's runway. Doesn't Anouck Lapere look great, by the way? The skirts looked Stella McCartney-ish, which equates comfortable chic at all times.

That being said, however, I'll leave the beehive 'dos to Amy Winehouse for now.








I'm Lovin' it: These black boots from Balenciaga.






I'm Over it: Awkwardness between friends. There's definitely going to be a change in social dynamics within one of my crews (breakups between close, socially-bound friends...not that easy), so we're just gonna have to see how this all pans out.


Art of the Day: The new Equinox fitness club ads, conceptualized by advertising agency Fallon and shot by fashion photo/filmmaker Ellen von Unwerth (yes, the same Ellen who did Erin Fetherston's "Wendybird" short film). This campaign is supposed to play on the whole fairytale-slash-happily ever after theme. I'm not sure how much the ads say fitness as much as they look like editorial spreads, but they're fantastical anyway.








* Photos property of Chanel, Balenciaga, style.com, nytimes.com, Equinox and are used solely for commentary purposes

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home