Wednesday, January 09, 2008

Yep, I'm a dress junkie.

Dresses make you look pretty, feminine and hide any muffin top you may have accrued over Christmas from too many rum and eggnogs couple with too many shortbread cookies at festive shindigs.

Here's another one to put in the archives. I discovered a silk dress from Zimmermann that walks the line between the late 60s and early 70s with a billowy silhouette and vintage bird print -- swear to god my momma had something like this in her closet when I was a kid. The cross straps along the front and back make it rather unique, too.

Budgies were cool when I was little -- we had about five -- but the elegant pink birds on this dress are so much better now that I'm, uh, twenty blah blah...






I'm Lovin' it: The holidays are done with, but I have to post this up. My buddy Jenks found this "Happy Holidays" image somewhere on cyberspace and it's totally, ghetto-styles hilarious. Tha's right, son!






I'm Over it: People who know me know that I'm generally a pretty friendly gal. When I meet someone new, I like to strike up a conversation and get a feel for the other person. Yesterday, I met a (ex)girlfriend-of-a-friend who was like a massive brick wall. And I'm only 5'1, give or take a couple centimetres. Anyhoo, for the first time in a long time, I failed at initiating banter. Maybe it had something to do with her death stare...


Track of the Day: Can't Get Started by Handsome Furs from Montreal, Canada. Quebecois, eh? Anyway, this band is comprised of a husband and wife: Dan Boeckner from Wolf Parade and Alexei Perry. Their stage moniker comes from a short story Perry was writing around the time the two decided to join in holy musical matrimony. Lots of synth and stuff makes me happy.






* Photos property of shopbop.com, subpop.com and are used solely for commentary purposes

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home