Tuesday, January 08, 2008

I'm Not Ba&Sh-ing You

Yeah, yeah.

It seems like every week I have a new favorite label. But that's really how it goes when you love c.l.o.t.h.e.s as much as I do.

So here's an ode to my newest label obsession Ba & Sh. Barbara Boccara and Sharon Kief, two lifelong friends behind the Paris-based brand, started Ba & Sh in July 2003, based on the philosophy to create clothing that they themselves would wear each and every day. I find their designs modern and classically sophisticated all at once, clothing that will translate over the years instead of only over a season. Their Winter 07/08 collection is something I picture the Roitfelds in, as well as Charlotte Gainsbourg and Marion Cotillard -- the lines are loosely clean and comfortable, without much embellishment except for the added accessories. In Ba & Sh, I imagine you'd feel like that uber-cool, stylish chick The Sartorialist runs after to take pictures of.

Currently -- and most unfortunately -- the label is only available overseas, but at the rate its popularity is gaining fashion ground, I'm sure Ba & Sh will be landing stateside in 2008.

Oh yeah, and their website track is so dope, I've been listening to it loop over and over again in the past 20 minutes without getting sick of it.













I'm Lovin' it: Who said dress forms are only for the Zac Posens and Proenza Schoulers of the world? I dig these one from Pottery Barn Teen. It's no longer available in white, but the black is still up for grabs. If you're feeling all traditional tailor-like, then take a look at their version of the original dress form. Hanging the next day's outfit off one of these is way better than laying it out on a bed.






I'm Over it: HAHAHA! Two minutes ago, I almost put my chocolate soy milk carton in the cupboard after pouring myself a glass, instead of putting it in the fridge. Such a dum-dum right now!!


Track of the Day: Whatever song and artist this is on the Ba & Sh site!!



* Photos property of ba-sh.com, pbteen.com and are used solely for commentary purposes

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

agreed... i love that song! i emailed the ba&sh press contact to find out who the artist is, after scouring the net. no luck on either. any idea?

9:34 PM  
Blogger Ghizmoon said...

i dove the song too tried to look it up in net but didn't find something ....plz if any body knows ...

7:06 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i am also trying to find this song but seem couldnt get any result.. and i sent the email to them but no one reply, sad..

10:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home