Thursday, October 18, 2007

Commuun-al

Overstimulation, too much detail and too many choices is de riguer these days.

Wouldn't it be nice to get back to simplicity? If you do indeed think that simplicity sure would be sorta nice -- and you kind of love fashion -- then I suggest taking a good look at Commuun. This pared down, Paris-based label was established in 2005 by Kaito Hori and Iku Furudate. Their first collection launched in Spring Summer 2006, with showings increasing every year since then.

The philosophy of Commuun is essentially about the construction of nature, "with its balance and tensions". Fabric from the collections are natural and organic, reflecting the latter philosophy, while shapes are strong, futuristically fine detailed and clean. French pattern-cutting techniques are used in the construction of each collection and intensive research is completed before choosing materials.

As of now, eco-minded Commuun isn't availble of the west coast but if you're particularly ambitious, hop aboard a plane to NYC and stop by either Bergdorf's, Project No. 8 or Saks Fifth Avenue to find it.

Linda Loudermilk who??











I'm Lovin' it: How CUTE is Rachel Bilson in her vintage Givenchy dress and Christian Louboutin heels?? She was snapped mingling it up at the recent Saks Fifth Ave. fete -- honoring Louboutin himself -- in Los Angeles this week. I don't care if some y'all think she's just some pop-tart starlet. She (or her stylist) has some majorly good taste in clothes.







I'm Sad Over it: Back in 2006, my girl Sushi came to La-La Land for a visit. While checking out Huntington Beach's Main Street, we were promptly accosted by a rather charming member of Save The Children and both ended up sponsoring children from Africa and India. My little boy, Mezgebu A. Diriba, is from Ethiopia and literally has the biggest grin I've ever seen -- plus he loves his llamas, from what I can see from his drawings. Unfortunately when I moved back to Vancity, I learned that donations from Canada to the USA head office weren't possible and today, I officially had to give up my "son". The bright side to this is that Save The Children has a Canadian alliance, so I'll be adopting again. But it won't be the same with Mezgebu, that's for sure. I encourage you all the sign up to sponsor -- use that $28 toward drinks on the weekend to give a child education, food, clothing and shelter. You'll feel so good inside, trust me.







Track of the Day: Sometimes there's nothing like a little chilled out gangsta music. Nate Dogg always did have some of the best chillaxin' beats. This shout out's definitely for him and for my late high school/early uni days. Rock and roll to Me & My Homies by N.D. and featuring Tupac.








* Photos property of style.com, egs-avatars.com, savethechildren.nz and are used solely for commentary purposes

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home