Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Golden Girls of Fashion

Most of you will be surprised to hear that I didn't really fall in love with fashion until about my second year of university.

Now my love for collections, couture, accessories and all that comes with it borders on infatuation, even a bit obsessive. Think Mark Wahlberg to Reese Witherspoon in that psycho-scary 90s flick "Fear", minus one or two intensity levels.

My move to La-La Land a few years ago was partly to be with my family and mostly to immmerse myself in the style industry, specifically in fashion publicity and marketing. An internship at Harrison & Shriftman with the spirits account director (Corzo and Grey Goose were the major accounts) quickly parlayed into an assistant position with the L.A. office event publicity director, which is every budding publicist's dream.

That is, until the cattiness of the PR industry and office politics -- and all involved in it -- bit me in the ass, taught me a lesson about the real working world and I promptly switched firms to the L.A. outpost of Tracy Paul & Company.

My experiences, including the traumatic, most certainly won't stop me from going where I want to go in this fickle, amazing and exciting little world called fashion, where Anna Wintour is the queen, Veuve Clicquot is the milk, and clothes, clothes, clothes are the honey.

And kudos to this year's 25 Hottest Women in Fashion. These ladies are rock stars.







I'm Lovin' it: This girl photographed on Facehunter has the best shoes EVER.






I'm Over it: Is it lunchtime yet? This chica didn't eat breakfast and is seriously starved out her mind.


Congrats of the Day: This one goes out to former Chloe designer Phoebe Philo, who just had her second child the other day. No doubt the child will be super stylish in its posh Maclaren stroller, Lucy Sykes Baby duds and platinum, skull-engraved rattle with diamantes.

But the biggest question to Phoebe is when's the eponymous clothing label coming out??

And the fashion world eagerly awaits her response...






* Photos property of vogue.co.uk.com, facehunter.blogspot.com, Google Images, and are solely used for commentary purposes

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home