Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Doin' Well, Yigal Azrouel

Months ago, I promised my girl A-Lice -- and Holt Renfrew sales hussy extraordinaire -- that I would shout out Yigal Azrouel.

Better late than never, so they say.

And trust me, there's no better time like the present because Azrouel just showed his Resort 2008 collection, which is basically TO DIE FOR.

Everything from the collection is completely wearable in silhouettes complementary to every body type (breezy, body skimming, low neck, high neck) -- it all reminds me of Vanessa Bruno just a smidge. The color palette, on the whole, is neutral: white, beige, chocolate brown and black with bursts of Yves Klein blue, sunny yellow, bright fuschia, blush pink and blood red throughout. The only qualm I have is the denim cut Azrouel goes with -- think mom jeans -- but the rest makes up for lack of judgement in this area.

At whopping 75 looks, Azrouel probably has one of the largest Resort collections thus far -- but I'm not complaining.

In the past 24 hours, I've viewed it four or five times.

Did I mention I love fashion?






























I'm Lovin' it: This Judi Rosen jumper found on the Patricia Field website. If Pat can make Carrie Bradshaw look fabulous wearing an itsy-bitsy chapeau (who can forget the night Carrie and Berger had an argument where he retaliated sarcastically with "Nice hat." ) and horsehead purse, her style advice most certainly can rub off on us fashion plebes.








I'm Over it: Another one bites the dust! Or at least boards another plane out of town. This is my officially written "see you soon" to my buddy Skirts (who now holds a PhD, answers to "doctor" and no, that's not his real name), who at 6:15 am this morning boarded a plane to southeast Asia and then Australia, where he'll be hunkering down for a year or two. His crazy dancing and chain-smoking will be dearly missed.


Artist of the Day: Last Friday, I was introduced to DJ A-Track by my best guy friend Big Brother K. This fella -- by way of Montreal and then New York -- is another skinny white boy who loves, loves, loves the mash-up -- diiiirty south ones particularly, as evidenced by his latest album "Dirty Douth Dance". Apparently, much to the excitement of myself and Big Brother K, he's coming into town on Saturday, June 23rd. However, it's been freakin' impossible to get any info besides what's posted on A-Track's MySpace page, let alone find out where to buy tickets. Zulu doesn't have them, and the person who answered my ring to the venue seem thoroughly confused. Which leads me to believe the Vancouver tour date is either unconfirmed or a hoax. D'oh!











* Photos property of nymag.com, patriciafield.com, Google Images and are used solely for commentary purposes

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home