Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Belle Jour

Oh my god, oh my god, oh my god.

Okay, so I should not be rapidly foaming at the mouth at these shoes, considering I bought three pairs -- all flats (one black leather ballet-ish ankle tie up from Jonathan + Olivia, a brown and gold-striped suede 'n' leather Jeffrey Campbell pair from Urban Outfitters and a deep blue/purple/red/grey with gold trim suede pair from their private label) -- on Saturday as a "my-ankle-is-finally-better!" present to myself.

Remember when Sigerson Morrison caused a massive fashion stir with its kitten-heel flip flops that went for around $200 a pop?

Say hello to Sigerson Morrison's newest shoe coup d'etat that is part ankle boot, part twisted Mary Jane: The Belle.

I may not be French, but I do know that "belle" en francais means "beautiful".

Yes, it is indeed.








* Photo property of shopbop.com and is used solely for commentary purposes

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey M, it's R. You know, the R from one desk over. First, I need these freakin' shoes! Second, can you tell I'm taking a wee procrastination break? Women everywhere need to know what a leg and ankle and foot look like in the Bella. Shoes are never a sure thing until the foot is in.

5:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home