Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Conversations With Gaudi

Two weeks ago during a power lunch with my boss Renee, she told me that two things influence trends: art and architecture.

On Sunday during a conversation with my friend Trev C., he told me that the architecture in Europe was beyond amazing and was something I had to see at some point in my life.

And today while perusing my girl Jay-nine's blog chronicling her adventures hoofing it across the E.U., I came across pictures she took of Antoni Gaudi's Sagrada Familia, a breathtaking building with mind-blowing detail and proportion.

It made me -- a fan of contemporary art and architecture -- really appreciate seminal works that have stood the test of time and history, managing to somehow remain influential and relevant in 2007. The Sagrada Familia was still incomplete when Gaudi passed on, but is slowly being built from his old blueprints.

Makes me wonder which designer is going to take note and put peaked sleeves with excessive detail on next season's runway...








I'm Lovin' it: Everything's coming up roses today. Don't know why, but it is!

I'm Over it: Hmmmm...not feeling the hater-ade today. Though I can't believe Paris is out of jail already.

Track of the Day: Tonight I Have To Leave It (Kleerup remix) by Sweden's Shout Out Louds -- the original was produced by Bjorn Yitting, of Peter Bjorn and John and also a fellow Swede. The remix track has a fantastic 80s vibe to it, thanks to the synthed-out voice of the Shout Out Louds lead male vocalist and the backbeat. This ear-appetizing re-do is worked by Andreas Kleerup, who hit it big time last year with the single With Every Heartbeat (Ft. Robyn). So much good muzzak from Sverige! And si, that's the Swedish spelling of "Sweden".











* Photos property of gigwise.com, Google Images and are used solely for commentary purposes

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home