Thursday, February 15, 2007

Mary Had A Little L.A.M.B.

Ever since laying eyes on that navy and white L.A.M.B. wallet at Holts the other day, I've been thinking non-stop about how I need to acquire a Gwen S.-created, L.A.M.B. piece for my closet.

As you know, the Fall 2007 collections have either already shown or are currently showing at the moment in London. Since fashion works seasons ahead, the L.A.M.B. presentation I'm about the show you is for Spring/Summer 2007 -- which is, in truth, just around the corner.

Blonde, blunt-bang wigs crowned the head of each model -- an obvious nod to the cover of Stefani's new album "Sweet Escape". This particular collection is very glam, street chic: plenty of hoods, hardware, shorts, slouchy pants and extra detail. The thing about L.A.M.B. is that you can picture Stefani in every outfit. Or it's better to say that every outfit has a bit of Gwen in it. I'm hardly every disappointed with her brand.

Thank the lord, if I ever wanted to snatch up one of these pieces, Leone at the Sinclair Centre is only a ten minute drive into downtown.

They say it's better to be the shepherd than the sheep -- or lamb. But in this case...baaaa, baaaa!














I'm Lovin' it: Getting inspiration from those around me. Two are budding designers, while another is an up-and-coming fashion photographer. One is a fledgling actor, while the other can remember music lyrics and spout them out just like that. One knows finances like the back of his hand, while a few have this great, innate sense of style. One is an amazing graphic artist, while this other one just recently produced her own CD (she's bound to get some play on the airwaves). One's a fantastic house DJ, while another blows me away with his knowledge of art. One has a painting talent very few know of, but everyone out there should. One is so fiercely loyal, it's awe-inspiring. One can talk his way out of any situation, while two or three can whip up a meal as good as the Iron Chef. One can instantly make you feel more sane and grounded within two minutes of being with her. And that just scratches the surface. These people -- with all kinds of talents and personalities -- are my daily muses. Without them, I just might not have as much to write about.

I'm Over it: Waiting. Especially when it has to do with career. Forgive me for my impatience. It's the Taurus in me, you know.

Art of the Day: This absolutely haunting video by Anthony Huang. I believe it's called Doll Face. It'll give you little chills. Big ups to Wooster Collective for bringing it to my attention. If the link doesn't work for some reason, try searching it on YouTube.



* Photos property of nymag.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home