Sunday, February 18, 2007

Colorblock Cutie

Say the term "colorblock" to me and I'll immediately think Narciso Rodriguez.

Say the term again and I'll envision myself in this candy-colored "Jamie" tank confection from Delia's.

For only $30 US, the thing is a steal.

With this on, I can just imagine me and Spring/Summer being oh-so-happy together.

As long as I have a tan to go with it.









I'm Lovin' it: A visit from granny. Apparently she's flown into Seattle and driving up as I write.

I'm Over it: Yesterday morning. And part of the evening, too. I usually don't do the couch-crashing thing, but somehow I ended up on Mikey and Kenzie's post-Friday night. Thank god it was super comfy, thank god for the purple sleeping bag (of which Mikey proudly stated keeps you warm in -15 degree weather), thank god for Oli's pork roast, thank god for Mikey's risotto and thank god for Sher's Tylenol.

Album of the Day: "Disco Romance" from Sweden's Sally Shapiro. Rumors have been swirling that Sally Shapiro is a fake front for Johan Agebjorn, who really is the master behind everything. Which might explain why there aren't any live shows with Sally. The tracks may be happy, disco confection for the ears, but "I'll Be By Your Side" was good enough to make it as a Top 100 track for 2006 on the coveted Pitchfork Media list. "I know" will definitely get your dance juices flowing, too.




www.myspace.com/shapirosally



Track of the Day: "Since I Left You" by The Avalanches. This was on rotation at Mikey and Kenzie's apartment Friday night pre-Ginger Sixty-Two. It's like shooting back into the 70s, hitting up Studio 54 with Andy Warhol and The Factory crew, then spinning Bee Gees records at the after-party. Summer music for sure and guaranteed to have you smile twenty-four seven.




www.myspace.com/theavalanches




* Photos property of delias.com, myspace.com/shapirosally and myspace.com/theavalanches

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home