Friday, January 05, 2007

Let It Snow, Let It Snow, Let It Snow!

So today is the first day in two years or more that I've seen and walked in snow.

Which was rather unfortunate for my Italian leather slouch boots. For the first time ever, I actually wished I owned a pair of furry flat boots of the Ugg, Emu or Mukaluk nature.

Walking from my friend S.'s car to the front door of Earl's Restaurant for lunch -- and back again after our meal -- consisted of one shared umbrella, two shivering girls linking arms to avoid wiping out and four almost-bails on my part. Not to mention wind-blown hairdos -- though I must admit S.'s hair managed to stay sleek and shiny, as it always is!

Thank god the girl talk and salads were SO worth it.

I'm Lovin' it: The opposite sex.

I'm Over it: The opposite sex.

Artist of the Day: The kitschy, poppy Fujiya & Miyagi. No, no. This boy trio is not from Japan, but from Brighton in the UK. Steve Lewis, Matthew Hainsbury and David Best make up this infectious band, churning out jams like "Collarbone" and "Transparent Things". You won't be able to stop shaking your head or your tail-feather.





* Photo property of myspace.com/fujiyaandmiyagi



1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

"men, you CAN'T live with them, and you CAN'T live with them."

10:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home