Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Having A Kemper Tantrum

With the days counting down till my two week vacay in hometown Vancouver, I figured I better start planning how to keep my noggin toasty in the sub-zero weather.

A quick jaunt to Big 5 Sporting Goods in Brea yielded two things: a new set of fabulous Nike running sneaks * for the low, low price of $39.99 and an uber-adorable black knit snowboard beanie (that's toque, for all you Canucks) made by Kemper.

Thing is I can't for the life of me find an image of my new buy on the 'Net, and it's killing me.

You'll have to settle instead for the image of a near-replica Volcom one below.


For some reason, I'm in denial about cold weather and Southern California mixing. Well, it's now officially winter down south and let me tell you, the gas furnace in our apartment is not of cream of the crop variety. I even had to wear my old soccer hoodie to bed last night -- yes, with the hood on.

Maybe the Kemper beanie is where it's at tonight.

* Note to regular readers: I did cheat on my beloved Nike Shox after all. My new ones are Xxcelerator TR-s (oui oui, there are two "x"s). Does karma grant you one "get out jail free" card when it comes to issues of straying? Hmmm...


I'm Lovin' it: These Neff knitted headphones, found during my Kemper internet research. Perfect for those who love to listen to their iPod so much, they're willing to risk frostbite on the ears trekking to work or school so they can keep jammin' out.






I'm Over it: The cream cheese wontons I ate from Pick Up Stix. Not sitting well in the tummy. Maybe I need to down some Rolaids -- and fast.

Album of the Day: "Whitney Houston" by...well...Whitney Houston. This 1985 album from the former church-going, clean-living (okay, she's back on track again) songbird was #1 for thirteen weeks straight, setting a new record for solo female artists. The reason this makes "album of the day" is because I heard "You Give Good Love" on the airwaves today -- it's track #1, in case you're wondering. And please don't ask what radio station I was listening to. It's rather shameful.



* Photos property of the-house.com, whitneyhouston.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home