Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Fashion Slacker

No, being a "fashion slacker" is not a new trend. It just happens to be Haute Hippie's current state of mind -- not by choice, rest assured!

Mostly it's due to lack of internet access at my apartment. Therefore, I haven't been able to view the awesomely awesome collections that showed at New York Fashion Week after hours, just in minute snippets of time at work.

Somehow when my roomie and I signed the rental agreement for our place, we thought we could do without:

1. Cable
2. Internet

Uh, yeah. How idiotic were we? However, there is light at the end of the tunnel (in the form of a visit to the parental units' abode, which thankfully has the web), and I promise a Spring/Summer 2007 style recap of extreme fabulosity by weekend's end.

If I ever decide to give up my job as a fashion writer to become a carpenter (or any variation of this vocation), this is what I'll be wearing to my first day at work.

Baby Phat-ilicious!








I'm Lovin' it: Harness your inner artsy-fartsy Picasso and check out www.mrpicassohead.com. Click and drag to make your own masterpiece and post for all to see! You may just be the next toast to the L.A./New York art scene. Just maybe.

I'm Over it: Stupidity, especially my own. I burned my neck using the curling iron yesterday. Wish I could stop being so OCD about my hair, that way I can stop injuring myself. This is not the first time this tragedy has occurred. And no, it can't pass as a hickey -- I already tried that excuse.

Track of the Day: "Broken Household Appliance National Forest" by Grandaddy. Solely for the randomness of the title. Oh yeah, and 'cause they kind of sound like Weezer.

* Photo property of nymetro.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home