Monday, April 03, 2006

Playboy Bunny

Fake tans and fake chests abounded at the Playboy party at Privilege on Friday night.

My friend T., a freelance event producer, had the hook-up for the event -- which was pretty much everything I expected it to be. Was nice breezing right in past the pushing crowd, that's for damn sure! Privilege used to be the old Shelter, and I must admit, has a very sexy atmosphere. Black and white printed wallpaper, dark red lighting, red booths...a very gothic, sensual appeal. The bartenders were friendly (can you believe it?), the beverages were stiff, and the rockin' DJ kept me on the dance floor most of the night.

No Hugh Hefner & harem sightings, but I did see a rather ambiguous (read: tranny-looking) girl wearing the world's shortest pleated white mini and worst braided extensions ever. It barely covered her business, if you know what I mean. Vulgar!

Ah, but crass and vulgarity are things you come to expect with anything having to do with Playboy bunnies. Thank for the good times, T.!

I'm Lovin' it: Skinny jeans. I never thought I would even think of purchasing a pair, but I'm thinking dark indigo ones would be fanabulous with flats or wedges. ShopBop has a great collection for you to peruse. I'm partial to the Paige Denims! www.shopbop.com

I'm Over it: Shakira. Is anyone else annoyed with her growl-y voice? Sorry Shak-fans, I'm just not one of you.

Track of the Day: "First Love" by Goapele. This is one Bay-based artist who has just as much soul as Miz A. Keys -- with a little less street. Not only is she gorgeous (German/South African mix), she has some serious cred with great artists like Talib Kweli and Stevie Wonder. Her newest album "Change it All" has just dropped in stores. Get it, y'all.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home