Tuesday, January 10, 2006

Phoebe Philo Forever

You bet I'm sad.

Phoebe Philo, the queen bee of Chloe and master of bohemian chic, announced her resignation from my favorite fashion house in pursuit of motherhood and change this last week. Don't get me wrong now. I'm all for taking the time to raise your children right and to follow the beat of your own drum, but no one takes the cake when it comes to constructing fluttery, feminine, and flattering designs like Philo.

But don't you worry, this won't be the last we'll see of Miz Phoebe. And if you are lucky enough to own an original Philo-designed Chloe piece, hold onto it for dear life. Or put it on eBay and let the price war begin.

Just make sure I end up the highest bidder.

Fashion Week Daily - Phoebe Leaves Chloe



I'm Lovin' it: Discounted duds at online boutique Fifteen Dollar Store. Like the name claims, everything is $15: dresses, tops, bottoms, shoes, accessories, the list goes on. That's right, kids. Go nuts.

I'm Over it: RSVP-ing for events I don't go to, but probably should. Had the chance to google at Adrien Brody -- who I will admit having a huge celeb crush on -- at club LAX, where he hosted the launch of Intersection Magazine. What did I do instead? Mixed and mingled at The Abbey again. Thank the lord Miz Egan, a fashionista acquaintance of mine, cameo-ed the event and said I didn't miss much.

Guilty Pleasure Girl Group of the Day: The Pussy Cat Dolls (aka. PCD), otherwise known as America's version of Britain's favorite pop-tart exports The Spice Girls. Lead singer Nicole Kea Scherzinger is my hero: gorgeous (must be that mixed-breed magic of Filipino, Russian and Hawaiian), rockin' bod and beautiful set of pipes. "Stick Wit U" gets stuck in my head all the time. Sad, but true.