Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Font Love.

Renee Labbe, an old boss of mine who is now the Senior VP of Global Trends at Stylesight, got me into really loving fonts.

I remember her showing me the opening credits to a few films, solely for the typography and how it was animated and how it was visually presented.

Since then, I've found my eye always wandering to and lingering on all things typographical.

It's really quite fascinating how fonts, typefaces and the like can stir up certain emotions in you, or how they can speak to an era in history.

There was something just so simple and endearing about the typewriter font spelling out "thank you" on the CD pictured below.

They say a picture is worth 1,000 words. Perhaps it's the same with font.

Or perhaps I just think that because I'm a writer.





* Photo property of greenshoeswedding.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home