Monday, January 10, 2011

Dance, dance, dance.

Before the holidays, I went to the re-opening of a cute local boutique that moved from one neighbourhood to another.

I was quite fascinated with the store's Grey Gardens-inspired mannequin display, mainly because I hadn't yet seen the Drew Barrymore/Jessica Lange film nor the 1975 documentary on the notorious, reclusive Bouvier mother-daughter duo.

A little online research yielded many images of fictional and real-life Big and Little Edies, plus a New York Times article with a slideshow of the house in its dilapidated glory.

How utterly compelling and sad, this true tale of two Edies, but how I do love this image of a scrappy, handmade poster found in the house, scrawled with "The Great Dancer Little Edie Bouvier Neale".

The words are like a tiny wash of color buried beneath all those shades of grey.





I'm Lovin' it: My girl Bernie C. sent out this very cute card over the holidays. It still makes me smile.




I'm Over it: Is it me, or are the models' mouths all open on the Revolve Clothing homepage? A new look for 2011, perhaps? Er, no thanks.




Track of the Day: Speaking of dance, dance, dance, I kind of like this U-Tern remix of Britney Spears' "If You Seek Amy".






* Photo property of nytimes.com, Bernice Chan, revolveclothing.com and is used solely for commentary purposes

5 Comments:

Blogger James Pereira said...

Hello, u hv a lovely blog n i want to invite u to visit my biblical blog www.true-shapherd.blogspot.in regards, james.

4:06 AM  
Anonymous aqui said...

As a newly published author and friend of Mary's, I greatly appreciate the information and the contributions made by the other authors. Thanks so much ladies!

2:13 PM  
Blogger Robinson said...

Hi this is good for us and it is share nice information for us and it is going best in this time.

Buy online tshirts

6:21 AM  
Anonymous save a relationship said...

Such a nice article.. Keep posting and make us aware of such things..

2:34 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice Blog
Share Your Blog Here
write for us

6:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home