Friday, June 11, 2010

Happy Friday! Resort 2011.

Recently I was browsing some of the style sites and blog I routinely frequent to view the new Resort 2011 collections, and two questions immediately came to mind:

I. Why do they call this grouping "resort" when they're clearly more ready-to-wear? It seems to me these collections are designed to easily sell to most consumers, not just the ones with the bank accounts fit for trips to Monaco and St. Tropez.

II. Where did 2010 go?! They're already showing clothing for 2011, yikes!

Anyway, all questions about Resort 2011 aside, I've always really gravitated toward Yigal Azrouel, who just did a great collection.

I find Azrouel is adept at knowing just how much to be "design-forward", while keeping the bottom line of selling to the consumer (and making money) in clear sight. While he hasn't been hailed a designing "boy-wonder", like Alexander Wang or Prabal Gurung or Joseph Altuzarra, he knows what works for him and his YA legion.

And despite all those pesky rumors that he was behind why Billy and Katie Lee Joel split (did I mention I know every word to Uptown Girl?) and despite being on Team Billy, I still would put my pennies toward an Azrouel piece than a concert ticket to see the Piano Man.

Fashion, that's how much I love you.


xo
Haute Hippie









I'm Lovin' it: Thanks to my girl Cancansoo for the dress version of this Aritzia chambray jumpsuit! Guess what I'm wearing all summer? I'll give you half a guess.




I'm Over it: Flaky friends. Um, good bye!


Track of the Day: You need no other soundtrack for the summer than this one that DJ Royale did for Aritzia. Had a listen to it today, and he did a phenom job of mix-and-matching "You" by Lucy Pearl and "Nothin' On You" by B.O.B. featuring Bruno Mars.







* Photos property of style.com, aritzia.com and are used solely for commentary purposes

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home