Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Chanel Spring 2010 Couture.

In Karl Lagerfeld's Chanel Spring 2010 couture collection, there was not one iota of black or navy, two of the signature colors of the French fashion house.

Instead, the designer trotted out silver -- and lots of it.

There were, of course, the requisite Chanel suits in the beginning of the collection, which later gave way to gorgeous frothy and floaty ensembles that left me breathless. I mean, I'm always breathless after viewing a Chanel collection, but I was seriously blue from oxygen-depriving awe after this one.

I particularly liked the silver half-gloves (so Karl!) and the tights with the silver sheen (makes me want to put my boring, basic black ones very far in the back of my drawer). The pearl outlined shoes were a bit much for me, but I'm not really a pearl fan in the first place.

The Kaiser's boy toy Baptiste Giabiconi made an appearance at the usual wedding dress finale, outfitted -- funny enough -- in a suit of gold. How ironic!

It was extremely, EXTREMELY difficult for me to narrow down a tight group of outfits that caught my attention the most, so forgive me for the ensuing onslaught of images.

I warn you: take a deep breath.

























* Photos property of style.com and are used solely for commentary purposes

1 Comments:

Anonymous Nayyme said...

Looking at the first picture, I thought I wouldn't like it, but you're so right, its gorgeous, especially the dresses with draping. Love the shoes aswell.

http://newgeneracity.blogspot.com

9:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home