Monday, December 07, 2009

Wooden Tops.

In response to Alexa Lixfield's concrete top fragrance collection I blogged about a few weeks ago comes a set of wooden top fragrances and colognes from the Nasomatto Project, blended by famed perfumer Alessandro Gualtieri.

There's Duro, Narcotic Venus, Absinth, Silver Musk, Hindu Grass, China White and Black Afgano, each with their own purpose, like bringing out superhuman magnetism (Silver Musk), eliciting universal peace and love (Hindu Grass) and -- my favorite! -- causing irresponsible behaviour (Absinth).

Now only if there was one to stave off sugar cravings.

I've been a beast with the chocolate lately.





I'm Lovin' it: My fella has a rather nice, heavy slate chessboard at his place with carved marble pieces in rose and dark moss. It's really nice (and, holy, heavy!), but I'm kinda thinking this limited-edition, Alexander Gelman-designed lacquer, silver plating and gold leaf one is even better. Hold your wallet, though. This baby is up to $55K. And Bobby Fischer I ain't.





I'm Over it: Hmmmm. The sunny, cold, crisp weather we've been happily enjoying is slowly getting weeded out by cloud cover. Here comes the SAD again.


Track of the Day: Lykke Li's very melancholy cover of The Shirelles' "Will You Still Love Me Tomorrow?". Girly voice + sad, sad piano = heartbreaking.






* Photos property of Josh Spear, Nasomotto Project and are used solely for commentary purposes

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home