Thursday, November 26, 2009

Earley Afternoon.

I got the chance to check out the new Lululemon Lab that opened up in town a few months ago, where the designers working there don't just stick to sketching typical yogawear silhouettes.

Instead, they take inspiration from runways, magazines, art and design to come up with fashion-forward pieces that are just as suited for going to drinks as for going to Bikram's.

When I checked out their latest inspiration board, I was deftly introduced to Lori Earley, a New York born-and-raised artist who creates stunning oil paintings and portraitures of surrealist, slightly alien-like female figures.

Now this is what I call an Earley start to my day.










I'm Lovin' it: This metal microcassette collaboration between Michael Stipe and Maison Martin Margiela. You can pretty much make it whatever accessory you want it to be. No, I don't think there's any R.E.M. on there, though.




I'm Over it: Please be 9pm so I can see The xx and Friendly Fires tonight already!!!


Track of the Day: How about a feel-good song today? "Chocolate High" by India Arie ft. Musiq Soulchild. This is what love is supposed to feel like!





* Photos property of Lori Earley, refinery29.com and are used solely for commentary purposes

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home