Tuesday, September 16, 2008

PRPS School

I fully intended to write a "Top Ten at New York Fashion Week" blog last week, just as it came to an end on Friday, and then got slammed with work.

Is it too late to write one now? Is it moot now that London Fashion Week has started??

Hmmmm, I think it might.

Instead, I dedicate this post to PRPS denim and a wonderfully strange trend phenomenon called the boyfriend jean.

PRPS, which basically stands for Product With A Purpose, hit it big with the media and fashion circuits after Katie Holmes -- yeah, I know...please don't judge me -- wore her boyfriend-style pair rolled up with flats around NYC.

Because the brand isn't available in my current city of residence, I've subsequently taken my Express skinnies (which, thankfully, are not skintight and get loose after a few wears) and rolled them up, pairing them with both flat gladiators and bondage heels, depending on day, mood and time. Oh, I just love it.

Anyway, PRPS has been selling out mad crazy in Noo Yawk, and I imagine will go that fast in major fashion cities like L.A. and London, too.

But apparently, I won't be able to wear this look anywhere near Prince Street or Union Avenue, since some fashionable New Yorkers are reserving it for...well..."douche-bags".

Heaven forbid.








I'm Lovin' it: The Sea Ray. Thanks to some rubber arm-twisting by Stephanucci, she convinced me to spend a lazy Sunday on board her buddy Robbie's boat, which she has been doing practically all summer. Now I understand why -- Robbie ain't got a dingy, that's for sure. Basically, it's the kind of boat that comes with a boat. The Sea Ray was well-equipped with a BBQ, table and seating in the back, plus a bathroom, lounge area, kitchen and bed downstairs in the galley. It also came with watermelon cubes soaked in blueberry Stoli, more Stoli the cooler, huge grapes from Granville Island, loud tunes, an 8-ball jacket from the 90s and a pair of binoculars, with which we -- me, 'Nucci, Robbie, his girl Janet (who peaced out early, having done herself boating damage on Saturday), Tracey (who is like the live version of Mr. Clean, shiny bald head and all) and Jason (who had the raddest Bruce Lee tee I've ever seen) observed nude sunbathers at Wreck Beach from the water. Ishita and Anita joined in the festivities later on, too.

Needless to say, in the end, there were four: Captain Robbie, Jason, me and 'Nucci, causing a trouble on a Yaletown patio and eventually ending our Sunday fun day of boating near midnight. It was the best Sunday of my entire life, despite the bruise J. gave me by stepping on my right foot with the entire weight of his 6'3 frame.

So guys, can we do it all over again this weekend?!







I'm Over it: Whoa. It's not a wise idea to operate from 6:30 am to 2:08 pm on only an iced americano, a vanilla bean Frapp and a kiwi strawberry smoothie sampler at Blenz. Hungry hippo action happening to me right now.



Track of the Day: "Beast of Burden" by the Rolling Stones. It will now forever remind me of jetting down the ocean on the Sea Ray, singing at the top of my lungs with 'Nucci on a lazy Sunday afternoon. Quite the feat, considering I don't really know the words.







* Photos property of denimblog.com, Google Images and are used solely for commentary purposes

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home