Thursday, September 11, 2008

Oh My, Monika

There was something about this outfit on Double Seven New York co-owner/mixologist, Monika Chiang.

It's this juxtapositional hybrid -- can there be such thing?? -- of lady-like lace (think Prada Fall '08) with the tough-girl chic of Alexander Wang, William Rast or even new denim label sensation, Current/Elliott.

Chiang's accessories were en pointe, too. Loads of bangles, rock & roll motorcycle bag, long gold necklace, chunky silver ring and -- my god -- those heels with their multiple ties. Good for her, pairing the gold and silver metallics!

In short, the outfit is awesome and I'm jealous.

Plus, she's changed my mind about the cons of denim shirts, a wardrobe piece I've been wary of since banishing my own back in 1996.






I'm Lovin' it: These election-influenced buttons, only with model names like Stam, Agyness and Lily -- is that Cole or Donaldson, by the way? Anyway, if you read my ballot out loud, a check mark would be ticked off next to Coco.







I'm Over it: Um, I just paid $4.25 for a very small yogurt parfait. Didn't want to do it, but my hunger won over. Rats!


Track of the Day: A Tribe Called Quest's Q-Tip has a new track called "Gettin' Up". It's got a laidback 90s backbeat to it -- perfect for transitioning from the end of summer into fall.







* Photos property of style.com, Chic Report and are used solely for commentary purposes

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home