Thursday, May 08, 2008

Mint, Mint, Wink, Wink

Mint is probably the greatest little green leaf to ever grow on this earth.

Mint juleps, mojitos, those mint chocolates from the bulk bins at grocery stores (I can probably eat 50 of those in one sitting, but that would be gross...not that I've ever, um, tried), the mint chocolate syrup for waffles at Cafe Medina, mint Chapstick, minty Colgate toothpaste, Wrigley Doublemint gum...

But my absolute favorite mint-infused product of late isn't edible.

Philosophy's Empowermint handwash is tingly clean and leaves your mitts smelling more fresh than first-year college kids. Jenks has a bottle of it in his guest bathroom, enticing me to wash my hands more than the daily requirement -- and trust me, I'm already a chronic handwasher.

Empowermint rings up at the cash register at around $12 USD, which is equivalent to three mint hot chocolates from Starbucks.

Plus it saves you hundreds of ingested, minty evil calories. What a blessing -- bikini season is here!

Time to wash my hands again...







I'm Lovin' it: The fact that the muse for Karl Lagerfeld's newest accessory collection with ANG is, well, Karl Lagerfeld. Think lots of rock 'n' roll hardware. I just heart the Kaiser -- narcissism, hatred for fat people and children and all.







I'm Over it: The ticketing jerks who spotted my California-plated car in a permit zone and got me towed instead of giving a girl a break. Imagine my surprise leaving work this afternoon. Yaaaay, surprise. Busters Towing, you're going down. And so are those dudes who called me in. Yeah, I know it's my fault. Shoulda known better.


Track of the Day: "Up In The Clock Tower" by The Photographic, an ambient, instrumental rock duo from Louisville, Kentucky. Jamey See Tai and Chad Blevins met in study hall back in the day, which goes to show that being kept in after school isn't always a complete waste of time.







* Photos property of amazon.com, manolomen.com and are used solely for commentary purposes

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home