Thursday, May 01, 2008

That's Where It Came From!

Girl Talk's Night Ripper album was one of my favorites for 2007 -- the number of songs Gregg Gillis sampled from is mind-boggling.

Part of the fun of listening to Girl Talk -- besides dancing to it -- is in trying to name each sample as it comes up in 15 to 20 second intervals.

There was a song in Girl Talk's track "Warm It Up" that I didn't know, but was dying to find out who did the original. Thanks to Woxy -- the internet radio station we listen to at cut & SHOW -- I found out it's called "Heartbeat" by Swedish chanteuse Annie.

The section I'm particularly talking about comes in at 30 seconds into both "Heartbeat" and "Warm It Up" -- I've posted the music videos respectively below.

Ingenious, Gregg Gillis, ingenious.





0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home