Wednesday, May 07, 2008

You're Cool, You're Not

Cool:

1. Paris fashion labels April 77 and Kitsune having their own music labels. The latter touts psychedelic rock, garage and post-punk, while Kitsune does electronica. Heard of Klaxons, The Gossip and Digitalism? You have the Kitsune Maison CD compilations to thank for that.




2. Aussie Fashion Week. I'm enamored with Tina Kalivas. Her Hex 2008 collection looks like something out of Judy Jetson's closet. If she was into Balenciaga and Prada, that is. Futuristic warrior princesses, unite. Note: I'm dedicating an entire post on Tina tomorrow.





3. This quote from Carrie Bradshaw, given the fact I'm currently writing away at a coffee shop, sipping on a London Fog and dreaming of couture:

“Just your typical day. Breakfast with Balenciaga. Mid-morning coffee with Vivienne Westwood. Lunch with Lacroix … and de la Renta. And for dessert –- Karl Lagerfeld."




4. The new plastic water bottle my roomie got me as a birthday pressie. It's got this piece you put in the freezer so your H2O stays cool like that (Digable Planets reference!) all day.

5. A hilarious blog Jenks sent me called The Arab Parrot. Basically, it follows the shenanigans of this L.A. hipster, Middle Eastern dude with Weird Al Yankovich curls, a mustache, plenty of crazy hipster friends and no obvious line of work except partying, picture taking and blogging. And he thinks Kanye West is super gay.




6. Getting a shout-out from a yuppie mom sitting at Starbucks today, who was openly admiring my bright teal Lifetime Collective jacket.

7. Discovering a hidden chocolate cafe in English Bay while heading to my bday dins on Sunday with K-Dizzle, Mikey, Kenzo, Berry and Ads. I feel a girls night coming on!

8. Model of the moment Agyness Deyn actually sounding pretty good in her single "Who" with NYC band Five O'Clock Heroes.







9. The smoked salmon and dill cream cheese benny consumed by me and Berry for lunch at Phat today. Kenzo, you missed out by eating that chicken club AND refusing chocolate chip cookie offers.

10. Five words: Notorious B.I.G. Greatest Hits CD.





Not Cool:

1. Heidi Montag's "Heidiwood" collection with Anchor Blue. How many ways can you look like a cheap hooker? As many pieces as are in her very bad collection, I say.




2. Since when do London Fogs cost $3.50! Damn you, Blenz. That's what you get for trying to use their free wireless, as in it ain't really that free after all.

3. Getting my car washed and vacuumed yesterday at Elephant Car Wash near Quebec Street and feeling a little at odds with how many people were working on it for me. Think I counted ten individuals -- two to vacuum, four to wash and four to dry and windex. It seemed horribly, horribly wrong. Didn't the Emanciapation Proclamation come out like a century and a half ago?

4. The damn 1-800 and 1-416 numbers that keep calling me without leaving messages. I don't know you, so I won't answer but please -- for the love of god, sorry to all atheists -- at least tell me who you are via voicemail if you're going to call twice every day.

5. My ringtone. I dig Outkast a lot, but considering I'm getting to be in my mid-late twenties, it may be wiser to revert back to a standard ringtone. My sincerest apologies to Andre and Big Boi, but I just can't have "Atliens" telling everyone to "throw your hands in the ay-air" every time my phone blows up.




6. Uh, when did everyone decide to come into this coffee shop and take up all the wireless while I'm trying to work?! I'm out. Like Eric on Gossip Girl last Monday.




* Photos property of homageclothing. com, berlinista.com, elle.se, static.it, celebrityclothingline.com, tinakavilas.com, sensorialtrip.wordpress.com, everything-outkast.com, netweed.com and are used solely for commentary purposes

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love the warrior dress! One of the best I saw ever in my entire life. It may sound exaggerating but it's true. I love it!

Staci-in-awe
Designer Sunglasses

6:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home