Thursday, December 27, 2007

Post-Christmas Catch Up

Whew.

Christmas is done and done, meaning excuses to stuff your face with turkey, mashed potatoes, pecan and pumpkin pies, cheesebread (my girlfriend's mom makes this mouth-watering havarti cheese kind), cranberry, rum and eggnog, cake and chocolates don't fly anymore.

I'd rather not calculate the number of calories I inhaled over the course of three days, because that means finding out I probably no longer fit in sample sizes. However, this has not stopped my impulses to peruse all things sartorial, whether it be window or web-based.

Since we're still in the thick of winter, I'm constantly seeking out things to layer over and under what's already in my closet. Which is precisely why I heart this yellow and grey vest from Delia's, a website I hadn't checked since 1999 and happened to out of boredom this weekend. Love, love, love the toggle closures and fur trim, too.

And with all the fawning I've been doing over fur -- real and faux (oh, the horror, I know) -- in the past two months, it wouldn't surprise me if PETA is waiting outside my building, waiting to throw a soy whipped cream pie at my face.








I'm Lovin' it: Scott Schuman, aka. The Sartorialist. He's one of the most handsome men I've laid eyes on, in that Old Hollywood kind of way. And he loves fashion as much as I do. Does Schuman prefer men over women? Maybe, but he does have a daughter and apparently no wife, which increases any heterosexual girl's chances. Actually, I'd just rather he take my picture for his blog one day. Check out this ABC segment on a day in the life of The Sartorialist.





I'm Over it: Did anyone else notice how random this post seemed? Yikes.


Track of the Day: Stereophonics did a live cover of that Foo Fighters song "Best Of You" -- wow, it is good. It's on the slower, melancholic side, too, which makes me wonder if it made any of "The OC" soundtracks and if not, it should have. It would've gone so well with Mazzy Star.







* Photos property of Delia's, The Sartorialist, Mog and are used solely for commentary purposes

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home