Tuesday, December 18, 2007

All In A Day's Work

So today I had my second on-air experience at the Urban Rush Studios, lending my "modeling expertise" pro-bono to my girl Seems.

I was beyond excited to find out that I'd be modeling dresses from B.B. Dakota, a label that's already begun taking up some room in my closet of late (my green B.B. plaid half-sleeve coat rules, though it doesn't keep me too warm in the wintertime).

The first frock was an 80s prom-dress inspired number with a sheer upper top and shiny blue body with a single bottom tiered ruffle. It was also my payment for the day. No cash, just dress. Hello, New Year's Eve!

The second frock was a super short, sleeveless bubble dress with side front tie for extra measure. Looked killer with my black tights and pewter BCBG mary jane stilettos.

Admittedly, my second run on-camera was a lot better than the first. And yup...those casting agents are busting down my doors right now.

Ha.







I'm Lovin it: Free clothes. Duh. Oh, and a reader that requested I post a picture of myself so they could put a face to the words. Dearest reader, it may be a possibility...


I'm Over it: Um, a lot.


Music of the Day: This wicked, wicked radio station from Cincinnati that we listen to at the cut & SHOW office. You like Cat Power, The Field, Peter Bjorn & John, M.I.A. and related? Then you'll need to download their daily playlist fo' sho.







* Photos property of woxy.lala.com, BB Dakota and are used solely for commentary purposes

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

“Paper Planes”
[x2]
I fly like paper, get high like planes
If you catch me at the border I got visas in my name
If you come around here, I make ‘em all day
I get one down in a second if you wait
[x2]
Sometimes I feel sitting on trains
Every stop I get to I’m clocking that game
Everyone’s a winner now we’re making that fame
Bonafide hustler making my name
[x3]
All I wanna do is (BANG BANG BANG BANG!)
And (KKKAAAA CHING!)
And take your money
[x2]
Pirate skulls and bones
Sticks and stones and weed and bongs
Running when we hit ‘em
Lethal poison through their system
[x2]
No one on the corner has swag like us
Hit me on my burner prepaid wireless
We pack and deliver like UPS trucks
Already going hell just pumping that gas
[x3]
All I wanna do is (BANG BANG BANG BANG!)
And (KKKAAAA CHING!)
And take your money
M.I.A.
Third world democracy
Yeah, I got more records than the K.G.B.
So, uh, no funny business
Some some some I some I murder
Some I some I let go
Some some some I some I murder
Some I some I let go

8:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm absolutely enthralled.
I'd love that!

I live in Vancouver as well. I'm so sad they changed Nordstroms.

8:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home