Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Lagerfeld Does China

You know it's a party when Karl Lagerfeld and LVMH throw a runway show, dinner and after-party worth, oh, about $10 million dollars.

The most anticipated fashion soiree of this year had to be the Fendi event last Friday, where the venue was none other than the Great Wall of China. A guest list of 500 designers, industry peeps, fashion editors, A-listers and NYC socialites made the trek to this over-the-top-in-a-good-way event in their super stilettos, leathers and fur, all to honor Fendi and catch a glimpse of Herr Lagerfeld. These movers and shakers were gifted with hand warmers encased in fabric logo and were served hot chocolate and brandy to make those insides stayed toasty warm in the rather chilly climate. The after-party was replete with dancers and laser graff artists who elicited plenty of oohs and aahs from revelers.

Standing out wardrobe-wise was the always gorgeous Kate Bosworth, who was swathed in fur and her BF James Rousseau.

Love, love, love the big fur jacket -- it's may be black and white, but it sure ain't Cruella.










I'm Lovin' it: My buddy Scootsie's grand idea to have a politically incorrect Halloween costume party. I'd name some of his ideas, but then you'd probably dislike me for listing them and Scoots for thinking of them. A wee trip with the crew to American Apparel happened to spark another costume idea: My girls Aims spotted a shiny figure skating-type dress and we thought it'd be pretty hilarious to show up as Nancy Kerrigan and Tonya Harding -- bashed knee, "Why me?!" sign and pipe included.







I'm Lovin' it, Part Deux: Wall decals and graphics from Blik. My buddies Tys and Ads have dope stencils on their apartment walls right now -- done properly, it looks chic and not cheesy at all. If you want, send Blik your favorite quote or saying and the size you desire, and they'll get back to you quickly with a price estimate.







I'm Over it: My girl Seems called me at 9 am this morning, asking me to be a denim model for a segment she was overseeing on a local television show, since one of her models bailed. I'm absolutely terrified to see the segment playback because the tight jeans I had on may have caused a very faux pas syndrome feared by fashionistas everywhere: Muffin Top.


Art of the Day: A rogue guerilla artist movement threw red paint into the water of the famous Trevi Fountain in Italy to protest the glitz, glamour and ostentatiousness of the recent Rome Film Festival and its accompanying red carpet. They did it mid-day, too, those crazy and mad brave individuals.








* Photos property of style.com, whatisblik.com, woostercollective.com, assets.espn.go.com and are used solely for commentary purposes

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home