Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Grey Goose

My muse for today is my boss' girlfriend Farz J., who strolled into the office today wearing the prettiest suede silver-grey pumps with thin, light-hued wooden heels from -- go figure -- Steve Madden.

She also happens to be a model AND a naturopathic doctor in the making, also muse-worthy.

Anyway, in the past style season I've been becoming slowly more and more obsessed with the color grey, a shade I never really considered to be a contender in my closet before. Grey reminded me of wrinkly elephants, cloudy weather, this terrible stuffed jackal that my family used to have as home decor (don't ask) and grandmotherly garb -- none of which were among my favorite things, though I do love my granny.

My most recent foray into grey happened to come in the form of a navy and greyish-silver dress bestowed upon me as a little thank you-for-the-944-Magazine-article from Joy Han of the kitschy-cute clothing label VOOM. After digging up my silver jewelry -- which was packed up to make room for daily gold accoutrements -- I decided that yes, I did sort of like grey.

And as some arranged marriages go, like -- or major dislike -- turned into love.


















I'm Lovin' it: This unconfirmed graff art piece that showed up on a wall in London, looking suspiciously like a Banksy...








I'm Over it: Friends who move to far places. That's been happening a lot lately.

Artist of the Day: Oh wow, I love Norweigan bands. Ch-ch-check out Datarock. With a band member with the name Ket-ill, how can the music go wrong? And holy mother of god, I just checked their tour dates for North America and they're apparently going to be here on June 9th at Richards on Richards, which is the very date and place I'll be with a whack of my pals taking in a show by Girl Talk. My deduction says Datarock is the opening act, and my mouth is screaming "Yay!"

I love a good Tuesday, like today.

And a good music show.





www.myspace.com/datarock




* Photos property of woostercollective.com, myspace.com/datarock, style.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home