Monday, May 28, 2007

Home Sweet Home

In four days, I'll be a downtown girl.

My shiny, happy new apartment is waiting with open arms, bare walls and much space to decorate.

I've said it once -- or twice -- but I'll say it again: if I had to pick one interior designer to revamp my home, to be currently or to be reincarnated as in the future, it would hands down be Kelly Wearstler. Her interiors are quirky, modern art-deco, colorful pop-arty and eccentric.

Check out her work at the Viceroy Hotel in Santa Monica (as well as other locales), which is -- absolutely not coincidentally -- owned by her husband Brad Korzen of The Kor Group.

Look at her mouth-watering interiors -- with a few Jonathan Adler vignettes for taste -- and weep at their beauty.

Because I sure am right now.














I'm Lovin' it: Stanley Cup Playoffs, Game #1 tonight! Anaheim Ducks vs. Ottawa Senators at 8pm EST. My parents live in the OC (Orange County, California), which makes one think I might cheer for the Ducks but being a Canadian, I just might have to wave my white towel for the Sens. I've got about ten minutes to decide.

I'm Over it: Doing some research for work today, I came across a local educational institution called the Immaculate Conception School. Yeah, my kids are never going there.

Art Article of the Day: This New York Magazine article on an unnamed, yet-to-be-caught street art defacer in the Big Apple called The Splasher. The anonymous vandalizer of vandalistic art is still wanted by the graff community -- and of course, by the fuzz. Didja know there's a graffiti police force in NYC called the Vandal?? If not, now you do.


* Photos property of Google Images

1 Comments:

Blogger Tamar said...

the viceroy is SO amazingly appointed. i wouldn't mind being buried there, if i had a choice!

3:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home