Thursday, May 24, 2007

Ring-A-Ling

I love rings.

On my finger, from my cellphone, around the rosey (a pocket full of posies!) or billowing out of a mouth post-mango tobacco-from-a-hookah inhalation -- although certainly not circling my bathtub.

So this long weekend, I indulged in a chunky one from Aldo, a marvelous jewelry confection consisting of a long, diamond pattern-etched gold ring embalmed in a huge, clear square-cut ring. The result is kind of 70s disco queen-meets-vintage lucite. All for a very reasonable $12, too.

I also fell for another ring, this time an ivory domed honey from Kenneth Jay Lane. Oh, and a wood serpent number from Roberto Cavalli.

Now if only that platinum square-cut would make it's way onto my left ring finger.

In about five years, that is.








I'm Lovin' it: The second Louis Vuitton campaign featuring Scarlett Johansson. She's gorgeous, and so is the spread -- the color, the hair, the poses. Good one, Marc Jacobs. You've done it again, good sir.






I'm Over it: Writing real estate content for a client today. I'd much rather wordsmith about shoes, the Chanel Resort 2008 collection that just went down in Santa Monica hangar (literally a ten minute drive from my old apartment!!), frock hit and misses at the Cannes Film Festival, new fashion photography from Mert & Marcus and Williamsburg, NYC design-forward home decor store Future Perfect.






Way Back Track of the Day: Okay, okay. Season one of The OC wasn't that long ago. While Seth Cohen (played by Adam Brody) had a boy-crush on quirky, cool Anna Stern (played by Samaire Armstrong), I had a girl-crush on her -- mainly for her style and awesome haircut. And now, I just can't forget the Nada Surf cover of OMD's If You Leave that played as Seth raced through the airport, trying to catch Anna before she boarded the plane back her hometown Philly.

Sigh. Young love.









* Photos property of net-a-porter.com, perezhilton.com, Google Images

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home