Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Skye High

I couldn't have been more excited to learn that an PR acquaintance of mine down in Newport Beach -- with her new fashion publicity company Beach House PR -- just picked up CC Skye as a client.

The eponymous jewelry collection was lauched a little over three years ago, just after its Gen Art New York-winning designer (named CC Skye, what are the chances?!) returned from a four-month stint in Nepal, living with the locals and studying the shaman. But don't you start labelling Miz CC as the granola type -- before she hit the Himalayas, Skye worked as an associate producer for MTV fashion segments, as well as E! Entertainment Networks.

Like runway shows, each of her collections has a theme: French vintage to glam rock to fantasty couture. Her baubles have quite the following with both layman and celebs -- I don't always fully agree with the self-absorbed lifestyle celebu-tards indulge themselves in, but I fully condone them indulging in pieces from CC Skye.

Rings and bags and cuffs -- oh my!











I'm Lovin' it: Will Ferrell's The Landlord skit. Totally hilarious, totally Will Ferrell, totally made my day.

I'm Over it: Realizing I'm going to miss Game #1 of the Vancouver VS. Anaheim series due to a work meeting. Blast it! Looks like it's highlights in the morning for me.

Find of the Day: A New York lounge-esque online downtempo, funky house radio station through Live 365. It's -- a bit cheesily -- called Swank, but the tunes have kept me awake and happy at work aaaalllll day. Now if I only had a lychee martini, stilettos and vintage clutch to go with it.







* Photos property of ccskye.com, Google Images

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home