Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Let's Do 'Shrooms

All I hear about nowdays is, "Omigod, did you know so-and-so just got engaged?!"

I suppose it's around the time when your friends start dropping like flies from singledom and start shacking up with their significant others.

Then comes the proposal -- hopefully utterly romantic, surprising, original and unembarassing.

Then the ring -- hopefully a big, fat, modern-looking platinum princess or emerald cut.

Then the wedding -- my favorite part, because it's just like a night out at the university campus bar with your friends all over again...only with relatives, cake, champagne and possibly children.

One of the single most important elements of a wedding -- for the bride at least -- is the dress. Most betrothed girls I talk to often go hunting with a clear picture of their dream frock in mind, but end up just knowing "the dress" once it's on. As for me, I go back and forth on what type of dress I want: Tiered? Form-fitting? Flowy and fluid? Strapless? Halter? Big-bottomed? Monique Lhuillier? Vera Wang? Angel Sanchez? Reem Acra? Carolina Herrera?

Speaking of Carolina Herrera, I also go back and forth on this dress from her new bridal collection.

'Shrooms may be Friday night fun for high-schoolers, but I'm not too sure if mushroom silhouettes spell matrimonial fun for brides.

And if only it were as simple for women to know which guy is the one the same way as it is knowing which wedding dress is the one...






I'm Lovin it: The Vancouver Art Gallery event I'm hitting up tonight with my boss and two clients. Mixing and mingling with art-minded young professionals seems like a pretty fun, new way to spend a Wednesday evening. Sorry, America's Next Top Model. At least you re-run on Sunday nights.

I'm Over it: I used to be able to lie in bed and read for a good thirty minutes before nodding off to sleep. This year, I'll be turning fours years away from thirty and lately finding myself waking up at 5 or 6 am with latest the fashion magazine sitting on my face -- Vanity Fair's 2nd Anuual Green Issue was the publication of choice last night -- with the lights still on, wondering what the hell happened. My body just ain't what it used to be compared to last year.

Mix-Up of the Day: Girl Talk is a sample master, managing to turn dozens of samples in to full, absolutely dance-able songs -- which I will be shaking it to this June 9th at Richards on Richards. Now the man behind GT -- Gregg Gillis -- has joined musical forces with drummer Frank Musarra to form Trey Told Em. As the newest and hottest music collabo on the scene, the boys remixed Tokyo Police Club's Cheer It On. Completely worth the download.






* Photos property of fashionweekdaily.com, myspace.com/treytoldem

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home