Thursday, April 12, 2007

Go Sheer, M'Dear

When the sun shines in, wearing layers is out.

In fact, going sheer is where it's at.

The second to last clothing purchase I made was a sheer sea-foam green and white patterned top, which I layered over top a tight black camisole and paired with loose, short wool black shorts. I'm sure I could've been more daring with a brassiere/sheer top combo, but I wasn't too in the mood for being risque.

Having said all of that, this sheer black top from Vivienne Westwood -- queen of rock chic and Gwen Stefani's style muse -- is available at J Ransom out on La Brea in Los Angeles. It's on sale for $299, which isn't saying that much -- it is a Vivienne Westwood, after all.

This particular silhouette is superb. There's so much coverage, yet you still see a whole lot. Not advisable for daywear, but come nighttime, it'll be a hot commodity.

And sheerly, I don't jest about that.

* bad pun, I know...sorry, it's been a long day





I'm Lovin' it: I'm finally going to be writing my first article for ION Magazine! After going back and forth for awhile with the publisher/fashion editor due to busy schedules, the write up is set to run in the June/July issue. Holla! You can pick up the issue at any place related to fashion, music and other hip, cool such things.

I'm Over it: Masculine things on women definitely empowering, and is something I've been practicing for awhile. Four years ago, I bought a huge silver men's watch for a little double-whammy of time-telling and fashion. Certain colognes on female skin are pheremonically (did I just make up that word?) alluring, and what girl doesn't look cute prancing around the house in her BF's long sleeve button-up shirt and hipsters?? Here's a little secret: I prefer men's deodorant, simply because I think smells better. But for some reason today, I decided to put on some female deodorant instead, which I got for free (never would've bought it on my own!). Now every time I move my arm, all I can smell is baby powder, when I'd really rather be smelling like Gilette Cool Rain.

Oh, and I'm also over the fact I can't reservations for two at Chambar for tomorrow night.

Track of the Day: "She Gets Up" by Tzu. I've been thoroughly fanatic about Australian music acts lately, whether it's electronica or indie-ish. This track really gets you going in much the same way songs by Jet do -- peppy, lots of synchronized singing/yelling and plenty of horns to back it up. It just might make it as the new iPod commerical song.




www.myspace.com/wearetzu




* Photos property of jransomla.com, Google Images

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

i am such a fashion freakie...that i even wear italian loafers around the house...
b

6:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home