Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Bob-ing And Weaving

If I could pull off a bob haircut, I would do it in a flash.

But I can't, so I'm forcing my coiffure fantasy on those around me who I think would look utterly chic in one.

My friend S.D. has gorgeous, stick-straight blonde hair and tiny, pretty doll-like features. I've been trying to get her chop off her locks into a slightly angled bob -- a little shorter in the back -- but I've resigned to the fact she probably won't ever take me up on my hair advice.

I personally thought Sarah Jessica Parker looked adorable when she lobbed off her curly locks (was that in SATC Season four or five?), and Jen Aniston looked stunning when cheveux super-star Chris McMillan took his scissors to hers.





And now, we've got a newbie on the chopping block. Kudos to Jay-Z's protege Rihanna, who rocks the 'do with her fine Barbados-born self.

I salute you for making short hair as sexy as a pair of Christian Louboutins.






I'm Lovin' it: I take back my last comment that pinned last Thursday as being the best night of my life. The Miguel Migs show at The Commodore last Saturday takes the cake so far this 2007. I must've danced for five hours straight -- a fantastic, low-impact but highly fun work-out, especially when it comes with a live DJ. On top of the killer music, I was surrounded by my friends and a good vibes, good-looking crowd of guys and dolls there to worship the beats coming from Migs' decks. Solid gold.

I'm Over it: Local celebrity sightings yesterday. Breakfast Television's Simi Sara on West Broadway, trying to be all cool and avoid eye contact -- woo hoo, didn't want your autograph anyway. Vancouver Canuck Kevin Bieksa at Urban Fare carrying a Starbucks cup and with a short, blonde girl that was probably his GF. Well, that sighting was worth it because Bieksa is kind of hot. In a hockey-playing, Neanderthal sort of way.

Art of the Day: I simply love getting my email invites from Munky King in Los Angeles, though we all know I no longer reside in SoCal. There's a new exhibit/mingle-fest going on there called The Pop Cling Vinyl Show, from the art collective called (get ready for this one) Pop Cling, a group that reproduces art on adhesive (so you can stick it anywhere you want) and crafts skateboard decks. Make sure you read up on the group member bios -- hilarious!






* Photos property of splendora.com, munkyking.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home