Friday, April 20, 2007

Roadtrippin'

Tonight I'm roadtrippin' to Oliver (an extremely small town in the heart of BC that is decidedly so un-Haute Hippie-ish) with a group of pals.

And when I say small, I mean seriously small. Driving through the downtown core takes about two and a half minutes, if that.

My girl Meeters is moving to Nunavut (Northwest Territories, where Lanvin and United Bamboo do not exist) to take a pharmacy job up there for a year -- and to come back with a huge whack of dough for doing it after her term is done.

Doing some work-related research at the office today, I found two obi-like outfits that I love from the Missoni Spring 2007 collection -- and that probably you won't be find in Nunavat any time soon.

I will, however, cave in and buy a pair of Mukluks (platforms will just not do) in case I ever have to fly up north to visit a certain pharmacist friend.






I'm Lovin' it: The anticipation of buying a Griffin iTrip after work for the road -- my Nano has been seriously neglected lately, now that I've got my set of wheels back.

I'm Over it: The fact that we'll be arriving in Oliver at 1 am. Oh, and the fact that I'm missing "RBVF" -- better known as Red Bull Vodka Friday, a slick new end-of-week term jointly coined by myself and my best guy friend Big Brother K. "TGIF" is so out.

Un-Track of the Day: This gratingly terrible song from the 1920s that my graphic designer co-worker Nicky P. insists on playing over and over again today, solely to annoy the heck out of me. I suppose it's punishment for me playing my house and electronica music all the time -- Nicky's from The Ridge, so he prefers hard rock and death metal. For my SoCal readers, The Ridge is Vancouver's equivalent of the 909.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home