Monday, April 02, 2007

Riding In My Funkmobile

Woooo hooooooo!!!

So my little funkmobile Toyota Scion TC has finally made it into Canada-land! I've been going on a rampage driving it around town, pumping my tunes and basically really, really enjoying having my baby back.

Speaking of funkmobiles, I MUST give props to local company Jorg&Olif, who have a wickedly wicked collection of Dutch city bikes that has been absolute hit with the international fashion crowd, already getting a profile slot on Style.com and a mention in the "Heard" section on Fashion Week Daily.

Jane Cox -- of the Vancouver design firm Cause+Affect -- heads up Jorg&Olif, scoring a major coup by getting picked up by retailer An Earnest Cut & Sew in New York.

Jorg&Olif is so the new beach cruiser.







I'm Lovin' it: My new bed (thanks to K-Dizzle for the sleek set) and my new sheets from HomeSense. They're this really pretty combination of white, light green (not quite minty and not quite pastel) and chocolate brown. Modern borders, too. Faaaabulous, dah-ling!

I'm Over it: First of the month moves. Had one yesterday -- was hectic, but admittedly not as harried as some previous relocations. Oh, and yesterday I realized how much of a mall person I'm not anymore -- the crowd at Metrotown was feeling much too claustrophobic for my recently acquired, off the beaten track boutique tastes.

Track of the Day: My boss B. has been playing this beautiful, heart-wrenching ballad by The Tragically Hip in the office that gets to me in the same way "Colorblind" by the Counting Crows gets to me. Anyone who's seen that Reese Witherspoon/Ryan Philippe escalator scene in "Cruel Intentions" knows exactly what I'm referring to. Anyhoo, the track is called...damn, I totally forgot! Will post it as soon as I remember.


* Photo property of Google Images

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home